Saturday, August 5, 2017

Introduction

kama pona tawa lipu Kalama Pona!

This is the newest edition to to the Toki Pona blogosphere. The goals here are both personal and public.

The personal goals:
1. To create a corpus of sacred literature for personal use in spiritual practice.

The public goals:
1. To expand the corpus of grammatical Toki Pona.
2. To discover and assess via analysis the best ways to translate verse forms into Toki Pona.
3. To provide these ways to the public so that original Toki Pona works may be created using these ways.

Translation of Scripture always involves a certain level of exegesis, so I will state for clarity's sake that, although I intend to translate these passages as neutrally as possible, any choices I make will be influenced by my Nicene Protestant Christian understanding. I welcome alternative translations in the comments.

I will be using the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV). I will not be translating in numerical sequence; instead I will translate the simpler psalms first until I have a sufficient understanding of workable structures.

1 comment: